Information We Collect from You
For All Transactions:
CONTACT INFORMATION, including:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
When Renting a vehicle, we may collect:
Driver Qualifications and Identify Verification, including:
- Email & Phone Number
- Passengers information ( Who will be with you during the journey i.e. Number of kids that will travel with you )
- Rental and return locations
- Dates of the rental
- Type of rental and your vehicle preference
- Billing information
- Credit Card information
When Becoming Dispatcher, Supplier or Partner
Driver Qualifications and Identify Verification, including:
- Driver’s license information, including
- Issuing authority
- Date of birth
- Expiration date
- Photographs you submit of you and your driver’s license
- Insurance information
- Proof of residence
- Personal references
- Vehicle information
- Your Email
- Sometimes your First or Full Name
WHEN using parcel delivery service
- Your Name & Receivers
- Contact Information (Email & Phone Number)
- Pickup & Delivery Location
- Sometimes we may also ask that what is inside parcel (If our agent thinks that something which we don’t deliver is inside the package.)
Optional Information, including
- Emergency contact information
- Any preferences or special requirements you may have
When using our Websites and Mobile Applications
Browser Information, including:
- Web logs
Device Information, including:
- Unique device identifiers
- IP address
- Operating system
- Geo-location information
When Participating in Surveys or Promotions
- Marketing preferences
- Feedback on services provided
Information We Collect from Third-Parties
Third parties provide us with additional information about you or your household, including:
- Referral sources, such as third-party online booking sites (who provide us general contact information and a booking confirmation number to facilitate the rental), your employer (general contact information), credit unions, and your insurance provider (general contact and policy information);
- Where applicable, our Refer-A-Friend, or similar programs;
- Hotel, airline and membership clubs who provide us your general contact information and booking information;
- Credit reporting agencies, who, for fraud prevention purposes, provide us with identity-related information;
- Credit and financing partners who facilitate the completion of credit applications when financing a vehicle purchase;
- Franchisees who provide us information regarding your rental transactions;
- Service providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and enquiries made by you), and customer survey providers (your response to our customer service surveys);
- Marketing providers who provide information to assist us to better communicate our products and services, including email acquisition services, data hygiene services, data brokers, and market research partners and platforms.
With your consent, we will access location-based information, such as zip code, postal code, city, metropolitan area or geographic region from your mobile device. We will use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers or other information that we think will be helpful in providing you with better services. We are only able to identify you using the location-based information if you log into one of our mobile applications. The location-based information is retained for five years. This data is hosted by our analytics providers.
With your consent, If you have allowed us to utilize your location information or your device’s camera in the past, and wish to revoke the permissions, please change the settings on your device or contact us.
Our vehicles may be equipped with technology that collects and transmits data from your rental vehicle. This may include information collected from event data recorders, global positioning devices, or any other similar technology. When installed and where permissible, this technology will enable us to collect and use information such as:
- location information;
- collision information; and
- vehicle operation information, such as operational condition, mileage, tire pressure and fuel status, and other diagnostic and performance information.
Once collected, this information may be combined with information you have provided us and used to generate safety, performance, and other similar information so that we can deliver better services. Our use of the information may also include the storage of this information after the expiration of your rental agreement. Renting a vehicle does not prohibit us from obtaining and using data collected from the vehicle. Our use of the information may also include the storage of this information after the expiration of the rental agreement.
Our use of information collected from the rental vehicle may include sharing information with third parties as described in this policy.
we may also collect data from the vehicle such as when you started and ended your trips, including if your trip has not ended on time, as well as vehicle entry successes and failures.
We are not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and you must remove any data before you return the vehicle to us.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to, and Enterprise Holdings does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18 or your country’s age of minority. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us using the contact information provided at the Contact Page.
How We Use Information About You
We use the information we collect from you or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
Where it is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you and provide services to you for the duration of the contract, including
- To assist the transactions that you request, such as booking, reserving, renting or leasing motor vehicles.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your inquiry.
- To enroll you in our loyalty programs and send non-promotional information relating to your ongoing membership of these programs.
- To enroll you in our business (If you have chosen), and to send non-promotional information relating to your ongoing membership of Australian Corporate Limousines Pty Ltd.
Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, including
- To use and share information about your vehicle’s location with emergency services in the event that you are involved in a road accident.
- To use and share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request, including checking appropriate sanction lists.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights, including
- To communicate important information about your rental. These communications, which are transactional in nature, will be sent to you via email, SMS or calls;
- To assist us in providing better products and services: for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of products and services received and to help us improve our websites, facilities and services;
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers’ use of our websites, products and services. These statistics are used only to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features and functionality to you and other customers in the future;
- To develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide tailored offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you;
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and property, including to protect our websites from spam and abuse. For example, we will use CCTV to ensure the security of our premises;
- For loss prevention, we maintain a record of individuals whose past interactions with us indicate they may present a non-payment or safety risk;
- To use and share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of individuals and the public. We will do this to respond to law enforcement request, collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (e.g. traffic citations) and for claims processing purposes;
- To verify home address through proof of residence and collect additional points of contact for rental related communications through personal references.
- To use and share your information with third parties in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain and to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or our websites’ terms and conditions;
- To send you direct/postal mail for local marketing, such as branch relocations and openings, as well as national promotional campaigns;
- To enable us to use vehicle data systems for purposes listed in the Vehicle Data section above;
- To de-identify or aggregate personal information collected about you and use it for any lawful purpose.
Where you have given consent, including
- To assist us in providing you with the most appropriate vehicles, such as those with adaptive driving devices. In some cases, this will require us to infer or explicitly collect information about your health or physical condition;
- To send you certain promotional or targeted marketing communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. These will include invitations to join our loyalty programs, upgrade announcements, electronic newsletters, communications regarding an incomplete online membership form or reservation, and offers related to other services and products we offer. Some of these offers will be received in advertising on non-Enterprise sites, including on social media;
- To send you text messages in order to provide you with time sensitive communications related to your transaction (e.g., construction delay at airport branch), extended rental opportunities, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons, discounts, last-minute specials or loyalty and rewards information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as we need to fulfil our business purposes, as set out below:
We keep the data associated to your rental agreement for up to 5 years from the date of the rental, subject to other local legal requirements. We keep records of payments you have made for 5 years from the date of the transaction (depending on the location of the rental).
Marketing and analytical purposes
We keep data linked to cookies and other online identifiers up to 5 years. We keep other marketing information, such as email subscription and loyalty enrollment data for up to 5 years after your last interaction with us.
Disputes & law enforcement
If we are involved in litigation or a governmental or regulatory investigation, then we keep data throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for five years after that. If a settlement means that we have to keep data for longer, then we keep data for the period required to administer the settlement. If we provide data to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for one year beyond the end of the investigation.
Who We Share Information With
As a global provider of transportation solutions, we share your contact, driver qualification, transactional, loyalty and affiliation, health, optional information, car sales financial and personal information, and car sale transactional information with the following third-parties in order to provide a seamless transactional experience.
We may use a fulfillment provider to carry out your rental car transaction. For example, if you make a reservation for a car and driver in countries that require a driver, we will send your reservation information to the fulfillment provider in those countries. Where car and driver services are made available for you to reserve, these services are fulfilled by the company disclosed at the time of reservation. While made available through our branded websites, these companies are independent operators.
Our Service Providers and Business Partners
We will share your information with third parties, such as
- Payment, administrative and technical support providers or our insurance replacement, corporate rental or other customers or partners to facilitate the rental transaction and rewards programs with Enterprise Holdings group members;
- Companies who conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf;
- Communication providers which send email, text and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf;
- Customer support providers, such as the provider of our live chat feature, in order to provide you customer service;
- Toll and citation processors;
- Credit reporting agencies
- Identity and address verification providers
- Debt collection providers;
- Claims processors;
- Analytics and technology providers for location-based services and to analyze, enhance and manage our data in order to provide, maintain, and improve our services;
- Web and mobile application session replay partners allow us to replay user sessions to improve browsing experience and troubleshoot errors; and
- Our advertising and marketing partners and third-party media properties, including social media sites, with whom we share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate).
Your personal information may also be shared with government authorities as outlined above.
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of businesses or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
We may post customer testimonials on our websites which may contain personal information. We use a third-party provider to manage this process. This provider is responsible for obtaining your consent as necessary, removing content upon your request and answering any questions you may have.
Social Media Widgets
Selling your Information
Enterprise does not sell your personal information to third-parties. While we do not sell your data, under Nevada law residents still may submit a request to not have their data sold.
While we do not sell your data, as is common with companies with an online presence, some of our advertising uses information collected by businesses from our digital properties, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing, and how you interact with our properties and ads, in order to provide you with relevant ads across the Internet and for other analytics purposes. These companies may sell that information to other businesses for advertising and other purposes.
Changes To These Policies